Whether you are building your home from the scratch or renovating your home, flooring is something you definitely consider. Rigid core flooring is becoming increasingly popular day by day because of its affordable pricing and fashionable aesthetic style. WPC and SPC are the two main types of rigid core flooring with the latter type being clearly the winner. In this blog, we’ll discuss why SPC flooring is a popular flooring solution these days. But before that, we’ll share how SPC flooring is different from WPC flooring. So, continue reading.
Differences Between WPC and SPC Flooring
- One of the main differences between WPC and SPC flooring is their core composite material. The core of SPC flooring composes of a mixture of polyvinyl chloride, limestone, and stabilizers. The core of WPC flooring, on the other hand, consists of plastic composite materials and wood pulp.
- Another difference between the two types is durability. Even though WPC flooring is thicker, SPC is actually more durable.
- When we compare these two types in pricing, SPC flooring is a more affordable option.
- Both WPC and SPC flooring can withstand humidity and temperature fluctuations, and SPC can do it well.
Importance of SPC Flooring
- Elegant and Remarkable
The primary reason for choosing SPC flooring is because it mimics the look of natural wood. With the advancements in technology, the design of wood can be easily embedded on SPC floors. This is why many homeowners consider installing SPC flooring in their homes. These floors will make your home look elegant, beautiful, and remarkable.
One factor that makes SPC flooring a fantastic flooring solution is its great water resistance. So, the problems of the fungus floor, the swollen wooden floor, and the slippery floor can be easily solved.
- Ease of Installation, Fast and Convenient
People these days prefer flooring that is convenient, easy, and quick, to install. SPC is the only flooring solution that can be installed quickly. There will be neither defects nor scratches on these floors.
- Scratch Resistant and Impact Resistant
Two features that make SPC flooring great are scratch resistance and impact resistance. It can resist scratches from moving heavy pieces of furniture as well as resist impact.
- Say Good Bye To The Termites
SPC flooring has the main components of plastics, PVC, and additives. And this is what makes SPC flooring termite free.
- Longer Service Life
All components of SPC flooring are mixed and produced using high technology of the production. These floors can resist fire, can resist water, can resist impact, and can resist dents and scratches. Consequently, these floors are strong and durable with long service life. SPC flooring can last for more than 15 years if taken care of properly while maintaining its appeal.
The above-listed reasons are why SPC flooring is becoming more popular. It is, without any doubt, one of the most economical flooring solutions for any home. Its availability in different colors and patterns allows for matching with any décor!