Kitchen cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective method to upgrade its appearance. It involves maintaining your existing cabinet but stripping it off its paint or stain to any color you choose.
Hiring a professional is always best, but you can technically do the job yourself. Still, you must understand some of the dos and don’ts of refinishing to succeed.
- Know your cabinet types. Cabinets come in various materials and textures, such as wood and laminate. Once you know this, you can quickly identify what paints or finishes you can apply.
- Sand the cabinets before putting in a fresh coat of paint. This removes any remaining old paint or texture and allows the color to apply evenly.
- Mix hardware for a unique look. One of the best things about cabinet painting in Orlandois that you can be as flexible as possible with the numerous design ideas. Mixing hardware, such as polishing the knobs with nickel or brass, allows you to improve your room’s overall look.
- Keep a budget for the cost. Several factors determine the price of refinishing, like the total linear feet of your cabinets and the cabinet design.
- Speed up your project. Ensure you provide enough time for you or your contractor to complete theproject so that you do not rush and miss critical elements.
- Choose the wrong color. Because there are many considerations when doing this type of project that you cannot just redo a step if you are unsatisfied with the result, it is crucial to think about how it can affect the aura of your kitchen. And the color you pick plays a significant role in this.
- Use harsh cleaning products. Abrasive cleansers, steel wool, and hard cleaning pads should be avoided. Insecticide spraying monthly can ultimately ruin your lacquered baseboards.
Refinish your kitchen cabinets today!
Custom Care by Caleb is a home painting and cabinet refinishing service based in Florida. Visit their website www.customcarebycaleb.com/ or contact them at 407-375-1425 for more information.